GOALS AND BASIS OF CAR STARVIE
The main goal of this centre is to look for the highest performance of each player and scout worldwide the next generation of players to sign them for the StarVie team. To do that, they have developed a specific training method where they work physically, technically and mentally the necessities that every player requires.
Every player has a specific plan based on individual goals and couple goals which is divided by technical and physical trainings according to their competition calendar. In addition, CAR StarVie players have personalised reports where CAR StarVie coaches analyse their evolution and progress.
The differences between a common train and a CAR StarVie train are the professionals involved in the project (coaches, physical trainers, psychologists, physiotherapists and osteopaths); the method used in their trainings; the facilities provided; and above all, the commitment and self-demanding that every player acquires with CAR StarVie.
CAR StarVie has its origin in Damm Padel Club that since 2012 it has trained the next generation of padel players. Just like Damm Football Club’s philosophy, Damm Padel Club prioritises education and principles over results. Players who join this club receive a scholarship from Damm Foundation that covers all sport expenses.
Damm PC was managed by Jorge Martínez (former Spanish and Brazilian National Coach and current Mapi S. Alayeto and Majo S. Alayeto’s coach). Ale Galán, Marta Talaván, Coki Nieto or Javier González Barahona are some of the players that grew up with it.
By the end of 2018 Damm CP became CAR StarVie and it is currently managed by Juan José “Juanjo” Gutiérrez Vicario. CAR StarVie hosts and trains most StarVie professional players. Some of them are: Javier Garrido, Ernesto Moreno, Gonzalo Rubio, Araceli Martínez, Helena Wyckaert, Jorge “Coki” Nieto, Javier González Barahona, Matías Marina, Jerónimo “Momo” González, Fran Ramírez, Mario del Castillo, Víctor Mena, Alex Gil, Julio Sierra, José Carlos Gaspar, Jesús Moya among others.
JAPANESE STARVIE PLAYERS
We are very happy to announce that StarVie and UI Sports came to an agreement to offer the chance to train at CAR StarVie (in Madrid) at zero cost for all our players. There, they will have the chance to improve their padel skills and they will do it sharing the court with StarVie professional players and a team of professionals that we list below.
TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS
JUAN JOSÉ GUTIÉRREZ VICARIO
- February 2019 to present: Coach of Spanish men’s National Team
- October 2018 to present: managing director of CAR StarVie
- April 2018 to present: StarVie Team Manager
- From 2013 to 2017: Wilson Padel Team Manager
- From 2011 to present: Manager of padel division at Reebok Sports La Finca
- From 2010 to 2011: Sports director at StarVie Collado Mediano Club
- From 2009 to 2010: Manager of padel division at Montepríncipe Club (Boadilla del Monte, Madrid) where he was in charge of the competition team.
- From 2006 to 2009: Coach competition teams with Jorge Martínez at Reebok Sports Club La Finca.
As a player:
- 4 times European champion with the Spanish National Team
- 5 times champion in the Spanish National team’s competition (first category)
- European and Spanish runner-up in 2009
- 3rd position in Padel Pro Tour ranking (name of the circuit before World Padel Tour) with Maxi Gabriel
- Player top 15 in the ranking for 13 years (1997-2009)
- Player top 20 in the ranking for 15 years (1996-2010)
- First position in the Argentinian ranking in 2001 and 2002 playing with Maxi Gabriel, Roby Gattiker and occasionally with Fernando Belasteguín
- 1 championship in Badajoz in 2004, several finals and semi-finals along his career as a professional player.
As a coach:
- From 2016 to present: coach of several professional padel players such as Willy Lahoz, Matías Marina and many players from the qualifying rounds (PrePrevia)
ALEJANDRO “EL MAGO” SANZ
- From 2008 to present: coach of professional players. He has coached players such as Sebastián Nerone, Maxi Sánchez, Sanyo Gutiérrez among others.
- From October to present: coach competition at CAR StarVie
- Current: coach competition at Reebok Sports Club La Finca
- Former coach of Club Padel Damm (Damm Foundation)
- Former competition coach at Club Padel and Tennis Fuencarral (Madrid)
As a player:
- Professional player from 1998 to 2001
- Number 1 in the ranking in 2001
- Player top 3 in the ranking until 2001
- Gold medal in the World Championships in 1992 and 1994
- Argentine Champion
- South American Champion
- Pan-American Champion
JUAN MANUEL RODRÍGUEZ
- Coach of professional players: he has coached players such as Guga Vázquez, Ana Catarina Nogueira, Diogo Rocha, Antonio Luque, among others.
- Current coach at CAR StarVie
- Current coordinator of the competition school at Reebok Sports Club La Finca
- From August 2015 to 2017: Coach of Portuguese men’s and women’s National Team
- From 2014 to 2016: Coordinator of the competition school at Padel & Gol Bilbao
- From 2011 to 2014: Coordinator of the competition school at Padel Derio Club (Bilbao)
As a player:
- 3 times World Junior Champion with Argentine National Team
- Former number 1 in the APA ranking (Argentine Padel Association)
- Ranked between number 20 and 30 in the Pro Padel Tour circuit from 2006 to 2010
- 4 appearances in quarterfinals of Padel Pro Tour in 2007.
- Degree in Science of Physical Activities and Health. University Camilo José Cela (Madrid)
OTHER TEAM MEMBERS
- ALEJANDRO RODRÍGUEZ CAÑÓN: Physical trainer
- ÁNGEL ORTIZ TORRES: physiotherapist and osteopath
CAR STARVIE PLAYERS
These are some of the StarVie professional players who daily train at CAR StarVie (click on the pic):
REEBOK SPORTS CLUB LA FINCA
Reebok Sports La Finca is the location chosen to develop this programme for StarVie players. More than 25.000 m² focused on sport, well-being and health. Facilities include padel courts, tennis courts, football pitches, basketball courts, swimming pools, gym, etc.